A brand new DVD (contents nearly 4GB) covering the airlines & aircraft of the Ansett group of airlines. Produced by Fred Niven, who spent over 37 years at Ansett, during many of which he acted as an unofficial company aviation historian.
This DVD (viewable on both PCs & Macs, but not TVs) covers the entire Ansett group of airlines in Australia, PNG & N.Z. 1921 – 2002 (including ALL aircraft disposals up to 31st March, 2008). Its extremely comprehensive coverage includes Ansett Airways to Ansett Australia, A.N.A. & Airlines of Australia & all their predecessors, Aeropelican, Hazelton, Kendell, Skywest (& all its predecessors) & ALL the other subsidiaries of A.T.I. (& their predecessors) & their aircraft, since Western Australian Airways operated Australia’s 1st scheduled air service in 1921.
It’s approximately 3,500 pages (not including the 8 video presentations) include:
- Full details of each aircraft operated by any Ansett related airline 1921 – 2002; including their previous & subsequent histories, up to 31st March, 2008; indexed by both registration & airline.
- Around 8,000 photos/charts/maps of Ansett related aircraft & personalities, since 1921.
- A detailed history for each airline, including its fleet, history, points served & logos.
- ‘Milestones’ of Ansett Group airline related aviation events; by airline & for the group.
- Route maps, timetable covers & lots of other memorabilia & some ‘What might have beens’.
- Flight Crew lists for all Ansett Group airlines 1921 – 2002 (177 pages).
- Separate sections on A320s, BAe 146s, 727s, 737s, 747s, 767s, Convair CV-340/CV-440s, Fokker F.27s, F.28s & 50s, DC-2s DC-3s, DC-4s, DC-5s, DC-6 & DC-6Bs, DC-9s, Lockheed 188 Electras, Short S.25 Flying Boats & Vickers Viscounts.
- Details of all known Ansett Group related aircraft accidents/incidents.
- Flight Attendant & other uniforms from the 1940s onwards.
- Various brand new sections, including Engineering, Computer Systems, Buildings & Golden Wing.
- 8 great video presentations.